Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Yesterday I was close to evil

Yesterday, Der Furher, err President (W) gave a speech at the corporate headquaters of Wendy's, which is about a mile away from where I work. I don't think that I have ever been that close to evil before. Needless to say, the entire city was a mess, and I reacted by hunkering down in the office, and hoping it was all over by the time that I left work. Luckily, there is acceptable food in our cafeteria, so I was able to get a decent lunch and go about my day. Likewise, traffic was actually better than normal when I left the office and I was able to make it home in about 15 minutes (instead of the normal 20 - 25).

Buster and I decided to go out for a nice dinner. I had a gift card I received from my co-workers at Christmas that would work at one of the fancy restaurants in town, so it was even a free, nice dinner. We had some excellent steaks (although Buster ate his way too rare, but then again, he always does) followed by an even more spectacular dessert. Neither of us took a book to dinner (which is an unusual occurance for us) and we sat and talked and ate. There were definately pauses in conversation, but they were those comfortable silences that being together for over 10 years can produce. (Good God(dess), it really has been over 10 years! Damn that means I must be getting old!) True, we missed the last of the good episodes of American Idol (it's no fun once they actually start singing. I just like watching the drama of the auditions and selection process), but I got Buster home in time for him to watch Lost. (Gotta make sure my man gets to see his stories. He can get cranky if he misses them). All in all, it was a very nice evening. I almost managed to forget about school for an entire night. Of course, this means I have to finish my reading tonight so I can start watching the lectures. Wheeee, a fun filled night curled up on the sofa, watching Survivor and reading about disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Man I lead such an exciting life.

Well, almost time for class. Today's topic is thoracic injuries. Now I know you're jealous. Chest injuries AND peripheral nervous system disorders in the same day........

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?