Monday, March 06, 2006

 

And we're coming into the home stretch

This weekend was the last clinical day for the quarter. I had two patients to care for, and managed to get everthing done close to on time, even with one patient who was in soft restraints (Posey vest, wrist restraints, and a mitten on one hand) and had to be fed. My biggest issue was that I did not have key to my med drawers nor could I get my meds out of the Pyxis myself. I can't wait until I can actually do things like this for myself. I *hate* relying on the instructor to get into drawers/meds/etc. I heard rumors that next quarter we get access during our preceptorship, but I have not heard anything official on that.

Speaking of preceptorships next quarter, I just found out that my preceptor will be a weekend, night shift. I would rather not work 7p to 7a, but someone has to do it, and I did agree that I would take any shift as long as it was on the weekend. I think I can get all of my hours in 6 weeks, by working 2 shifts per week. I'll need to work 3 12 hour shifts in the cube-farm and take 4 hours of vacation for those 6 weeks, but that will still leave me some vacation time to use for graduation/pinning and boards. I may be a cranky bee-otch for those 6 weeks, but I can do anything if I know there is an end in sight.

Only 1 more assignment, and then 2 finals left in this quarter. The assignment is due by midnight tomorrow, and I already have about half of it done. I should be able to get some of it done today during lunch, so I should be in a good spot in terms of that. My trauma nursing final is a week from tomorrow, but that test will be easy since she already told us it is not comprehensive. My Med/Surg 4 final will probably be icky (pediatric psych and neuro mostly), but I have some wiggle room in that class since I did pretty good on the first 2 tests.

It's looking like a pretty easy week (of course that is how they all look at this time on Monday).

Comments:
I added you to the blogroll at mediblogopathy. Good luck in finishing off school. How strange about your instructor being drunk. That's one of the weirdest things I've heard about a clinicals instructor. (My weird story is my clinicals instructor who always brought us vegetables out of her garden "come out to my car, ducklings, and get a zucchini!" and of course, we'd all go there and she'd load us up with squashes of all varieties. Weird.

:)
-HK

ps what sort of office job do you do now?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?