Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

Lolly, lolly, lolly get your soapbox here

Last night on the way home from work, I was listening to The Randi Rhodes Show on Air America Radio where she was discussing the stupidity going on with the whole debate over gay marriage. Needless to say, I was getting madder and madder with each mile. By the time I got home, I had decided to let my "representatives" (and I use that term loosely) know that I felt they were wasting their time and to get to work on something that actually matters. Since all of my representatives are Republicans (not my fault, I voted for Democrats), I decided to avoid talking about the fact that any ban on gay marriage is immoral, unethical, and illegal (hello, remember the "Full Faith and Credit" clause of the Constitution????) and focus on the fact that this amendment has no chance of passing (as admitted by the Republicans themselves) and redundant (remember DOMA *thanks Mr. Clinton*?). I know that it will not make any difference what so ever, but it made me feel better.

Since I did not have my representatives email addresses handy, I had to do some looking. I found a pretty cool site where you can type up a message and they will deliver it to all of your representatives, based on the zip code you enter. This site will actually work for any issue you might have too. Want to do write your elected officials in Washington DC? Go here......

Congress.Org

I didn't do too much research about this site, but judging from the comments on the site, it looks like they are nonpartisan. If I find anything different, I will post accordingly.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?