Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Nursing diagnosis: cooties?

According to the website I found this image at, this picture was from an Italian poster around 1916. I'm sure that it is supposed to be showing the patient's gratitude to her and the humility of the nurse as she accepts his thanks. However, is it just me, or does it look more like she's afraid she's going to catch something from him? If this was happening today, that would be a very real concern, not even considering that this would almost always be considered sexual harrassment. Then again, this patient has a head wound so it's possible that there is damage to the frontal lobe of his brain and he has impulse control issues. Hmmm, I seem to have stumbled across some sort of nursing thematic aptitude test (a psychological test in which the patient makes up a story about an ambigous picture and the psychologist analysizes the themes in that story as a way of looking for psychological disorders). Okay, enough geek talk for now.........

I submitted my previous entry to Change of Shift for publication. Woo woo my first official entry into a blog-carnival. I guess that makes me an official blogger. (Okay, maybe I wasn't done with the geek talk after all...........) Kim from Emergiblog is coordinating it, so I am sure it will be great. Emergiblog is one of the few blogs that I make a point to read every day since Kim is the kind of blogger I want to be when I grow up (and judging from her posts, probably the kind nurse I want to be too). She left a very positive comment, which left me all warm and fuzzy. Maybe I am doing something right with this thing after all!

Combine that with the fact I made it into the office this morning before the thunderstorm hit, so I didn't get soaked walking into work this morning, maybe this will be a good day......

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?