Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

Finally an Update


Okay, I realize that I'm just starting out as a nurse, but shouldn't the people in this picture actually be doing something with/for that patient?

I am finally getting around to doing another entry here. I didn't quite realize that it has been quite this long since my last update. But, until recently, I have not really had much of anything to tell.

The good news, is that I am finally working as a nurse! Woo woo wookie wookie yay! I got a job as an ER nurse at a community hopsital not too far outside the city. It's a bit of a drive (about 30 miles one way), but I will be traveling against traffic, and my shift will be at odd hours (compared to rush hour at least), so that will not be too bad. I will probably start looking for something a little closer, with a few more opportunities in a year or so, once I have worked off the "new grad" label.

This week has been nothing but orientation. I still have not set foot in the actual ED yet, other than my interview. I still have another full week of orientation before I get "let loose". Hopefully, after next week, I will actually start having some interesting adventures. I am already a little tired of classroom work. Let me at the patients!

Well, on second thought, maybe I don't want to be near them just yet...........

More to follow (hopefully).........

Comments:
I wish you all the greatest for your time in the emergency department. You are in for one wild ride. No doubt.
And my biggest piece of advice....there is no such thing as a stupid question.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?