Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Too much time on my hands.......

I am going to have to get used to only working 3 days a week. It seems like I have waaaaaay to much free time. I realize that I am actually working full time by working 3, 12 hour shifts, but that is a huge change from working 5 days, and going to school most of another day. It will be better once I am out of my training period, and I can pick up some extra shifts (cha-ching!), but until then, I feel like I am cheating somehow.

I can see now why people work contingent at second hospitals. My next goal is to go back to school and work on my masters. I still might look into it, even while going to school. We will have to see how much time classes take up, and how many extra shifts I am working.

Of course, all these plans may be upset by the Spousal-Equivalent. He is applying for a couple of jobs up in suburban Detroit. Not exactly my first choice of places, but if that is where his career needs to go, then we go. One of the good things about nursing is that I can get a job just about anywhere in the country.

Well, I am off to work tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the week, I will actually feel like I am starting to have a clue as to what I am doing around that place.

Comments:
What's even better is that your days off are during the week, when everyone else is at work, so you don't have to queue at the garage, the bank, or the supermarket. On the days you work, you start early, so when you drive into town, you avoid the rush hour, and it's easy to find parking spaces.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?