Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 

Scope of (blog) practice





Ever nurse runs into questions about their scope practice. Recently, I've had something I've wanted to discuss here, but was not sure how much of it to reveal since it was primarily regarding my private life. Unlike many of my co-workers, I believe in keeping my private life separate and distinct from my professional life. However, the issue has been confused since I think that the reason I am in this situation is a direct result of my growth and maturation as a nurse.

After much deliberation, I have decided to keep this blog about my professional life and keep discussions of a strictly personal nature out of it. I have decided that this blog will not contain anything I would not want to talk to my boss about. There will continue to be some references to my personal life and personal relationships since it is impossible to completely separate things, but the focus of this blog will be professional. That being said, I am in the process of starting another blog where I can write about more personal things, which will of course contain some references to being a nurse and nursing. And no, it will not be linked off of this blog, or my blogger profile. That would kind of defeat the purpose of separate blogs. =)

I just realized that I am writing this on Earth Day, and I should probably have addressed that, but since I don't really have anything along those lines, this is what you get today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?